Thursday, October 9, 2008

me-a chip off the old block?

So, it's been like forever since the last time I posted on this blog. Let me see, that was like...almost a month ago? Well time flies in this regard, but if we were to talk about how time actually passes by with me being (still) stranded in sg, surrounded by those singlish speaking people most of whom behave like animals, I'd have to say that time doesn't fly. It danders....like there was only 1 spot on earth. Anyway, tomorrow will mark the 19th week I've been drowning on all these shits, which translates to 1/3 of the total number of weeks I planned to spend in this...island?jail?hell?
Well this week has actually been quite free for me. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm usually not free having so much work to do at the office. As a matter of fact, I spend most of my time in the office working so hard doing nothing (gosh I really love this phrase). But in the past couple months I was usually busy on weekdays working on my German homeworks, vocabs, grammar and all those kind of things. I guess it was last week and the week before that I just worked so hard trying to finish all 2 chapters from my German textbooks which were meant for the entire B.2.5 sub-level, and yeah, I finished them all, leaving me with nothing else to do for this week.


Ok, for those of you who have been wondering of what a chip off the old block has to do with today's post, this is what I mean: I've been thinking (yeah, I know, I always think, sometimes even about absurd things)...that I'm becoming like my father. Arghh or yayyy? I have no idea. I don't know if this is sth I should be proud of or worry about=p. I've noticed some situations in which I started to do things the way he does. What kind of thing, I'd rather keep it for myself. But yeah, afterall we are all created from our parents' flesh and blood, and we will definitely get a bit of their taste haha. I just hope that I won't ever get that smoking-feels-good thing as well.


Oh btw, I finally bought this new iPod nano 4th gen. Thanks to my friend Emmi for being kind enough ordering it for me. After waiting for like 2 months, the wait pays off. It's my most fave gadget right now haha, and it's been really useful, like literally. I managed to listen to all of my then-still-untouched mp3 collections which have been in my laptop for months after being downloaded. And what's best is that I don't have to listen to the music with only 1 ear as I used to do for the past couple months following the death of half of my nokia n70's earphone. Hmm, wait a sec...did I just say "best"? Sorry that wasn't actually the best part. The best part is that I can listen to hundreds of musics on the way to..basically everywhere, and by doing this I'm saved from having to listen to all those singaporeans out there when they talk singlishly to each other either on the bus or at the subway.
Now, to give a probably-not-too late advise for my movie goers friends, here it comes: my movie reviews. Which one should I start with? I've watched 4 other movies after those 2 last time. Mamma Mia the Movie, My Best Friend's Girl, The House Bunny, and Vicky Cristina Barcelona. All of them were great, but special credit goes to Mamma Mia the Movie. I really loved this one, and it's still in position 2 on my fave-movie-list of the year (no.1 is still Sex&the City, btw). Aside from those, I don't think there's still any other movies to watch this week. The long awaited High School Musical 3 will be released only on Oct 23. The release dates for the other 2 anticipated movies Marley&Me and He's Just Not That Into You haven't even been announced yet.


Well well I guess this has been way too long than expected. So I'll just wrap it up here and I guess I'll soon have another post, prolly early next week, as I'll be going out on a proper photo hunt session this weekend, assuming it's not called off. So if that really turns out great, I'll keep it "festgehaltet" on the next post. Adios and tschüss!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi 'a chip off the old block', kinda 'geregetan' after read your last blog. Tell Emmi that 15% off still too much from Best Buy (but who cares). How about u forget a little bit those drama's things?, away too much. How about try for 'wrong turn 2','see no evil' or hostel, 1 n 2'????? How about forget those singlish'es', just kill them all.Can't wait the next blog.Ciiaaaooo.

Anonymous said...

wah tersanjung nama saya disebut2 hehehe...

Haskell said...

haha iy emmi I owe you hehe....I'm lovin the iPOd...smua koleksi mp3 gw jd slse didgrin yg tdny nganggur berbulan2 blm dsentuh abis download=p
ga nyesel jg gw beli merah plg kren trnyt hehe