Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm so free that even this random conver is posted on my blog

So it was like 1.30PM just now when I was kinda busy playing Who Has the Biggest Brain that this Canadian guy showed up, scared the hell out of me asking, "Hi Haskell, you remember when we first talked, you mentioned about your interest pursuing a graduate study in Biostatistics?"
"(Errrr,did I? Oh crap, that again...I was joking, you know, like for the sake of getting the biostats-related job) Oh yeah, sure I do, what about it?", I replied.
"We've been having this conversation with *some random guys I don't even bother to recall the names* and there's a possibility for you to be in the first batch of the new PhD program in Biostatistics", so he said.
"So is that gonna be in NUS?"
"Yes, I think so."
"(OK, forget it. I'm leaving soon anyway. And what was that? First batch? Woohoo no thanks, I know exactly how it feels to be in the first, second, or even third batch of something new, like my senior high years where I was one of those in the 2nd batch. Crap. Things were just newly developed, not stable, and unprofessional. And wait a sec, did you just say Biostatistics? With the word "BIO" on it? Bio like in genetics, genotype, phenotype and so? Well, no, I'm not into it). Well sounds great, I'll give it a thought"
"Yeah, sure, just let me know, I'm still gonna be around until next Friday"
"Alright, sure I will (not). I'll see you around then"

No comments: