Saturday, November 22, 2008

my 25th week at work

This week...yeah time passed really fast this week, thanks to my on-maternal-leave boss who btw will still be away for at least 11 more weeks, lucky me. Without her being around, I'm practically being the boss for myself LoL...so yeah I really enjoyed my time at the office, where I can do whatever I feel like doing and leave anytime I feel like going straight back home. Well, don't get me wrong; I still have things to do, and by "things" I mean those related to the job, but as always, I did them all quite fast so I had more free time for myself to work on my German vocab list.

Another highlight of the week is this decision I finally made after nearly 6 months. Yeah, I finally shortened my maybe-applying-to list of Stats doctorate degree programs to 2 univs: Wisconsin & Purdue. It took me like some couple of days to decide that only Wisconsin survived as the final choice, partly due to Purdue lacking renown researchers in the multivariate statistics & linear model fields. To date, I haven't yet decided if I should really file an application to Wisconsin and frankly speaking, I don't think I will. I know how this makes me sound like a complete geeky waverer, but somehow it just makes me feel better knowing that I have gone through all the univs more thoroughly, and by doing this I hope that I won't regret my choice in the future, unlike my previous regret in choosing (or being forced to choose) high school.
So, should I really be given chance to pursue my graduate program in the States, it's gonna be either Penn State or Wisconsin, with 0.9-0.1 being their corresponding probability of having me around LoL....

Today itself was a great, albeit short, getaway for me. It's been quite a while since the last time I watched a good movie, and finally, after waiting like almost a month, I found this Wild Child, which didn't let me hesitate for a single second to rate it 5/5. Yeah, it's a great movie, after the very disappointing Quantum of Solace. So for those needing a time off from daily routines, this is a must...before the long-awaited Quarantine and Four Christmases which will be released together on Nov 27.

By this time next week, I'll have been working as a Statistician (or, Facebook Analyst) for exactly 6 months. Wow, now this is an achievement...I just can't believe how I could survive the job this long, which started even prior to my graduation ceremony last July. Now I only hope that I'll still be given strength to survive for another 7 months until next June before I can finally convey this thought of mine to the 'boss', "Hi, I'd like to let you know that I want to resign next month. Please do whatever things necessary to get me out of here asap"

....can't wait to go back home, yeap, 26 more days

No comments: