Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ennui....

So here I am again, sitting right in front of the god damn 20' computer which has caused me a severe eyesight deterioration.

These past few months I've been thinking of how time flies really fast. 10 years ago, I was merely a 12-year old boy having no idea of what he'd be 10 years down the road. Today, unbelievably, I'm already 22, working (too bad) as a statistician in sg (even worse). Frankly speaking, I am by no means ready for such a big change. The idea of being a working person would mean a greater responsibility, commitment (??) and passion to love what I'll be doing, things that I definitely can't afford giving at this time point. Oh btw, today marks the 7th week I've been working for the company, sth. totally out of my plan. If things went according to what I had planned earlier, I'd be in the States right now, enjoying the fall and my new status as a graduate student in PSU. As it turned out, however, I am still here *god damn it*, trying to finish one third of my f*****g bond. I feel grateful, though, as I now realize that things couldn't have been better. If I were in the States right now, I'd still have to come back to this place after I get my degree, meeting those singlish-speaking people again after 4 or 5 years. Gosh, it'd definitely be a nightmare.

Ok, enough cogitating. I am actually supposed to see a doctor right now, getting a reference to see an ophthalmologist. Too bad, it's raining cats and dogs out there and I really don't feel like leaving this minuscule cubicle where I "work". But guess what, I still have some "tasks" to complete, finishing my German vocab list, memorizing the whole 7 pages and a lot of other not-so-statistics-related stuffs. So that's it for now and yeah, today's still gonna be fun as *bos gw masih d luar negri*

No comments: