Thursday, July 24, 2008

I've had enough

"Thx God it's getting better" is the first thing that came across my mind when I woke up this morning. Yeah, after days of pain, heavy sensation, giddiness, and all other stuffs people with headache may experience, I'm finally about to recover, hopefully. Up to this point, I still have no idea what might've caused it except for some obscure possibilities like taking shower at midnight (which I've been doing almost everyday for the past couple months), lacking of enough sleep (if you really consider 7h a day not sufficient) or working almost 10h a day in front of a 20' computer without any screen protector. Well, the list can keep on going, but I don't actually care much about it.
This "experience" has taught me a lesson, though. I realize that we sometimes don't appreciate our well being, taking it for granted. When we are completely in good shape, we always think that, well, everything is normal, as what it's supposed to be. We keep getting busy with our lives not having even a single second to thank God that we are, at least, still alive today. It was two days ago that my headache was so bad that I finally prayed to God, asking for His help. *I know someone will definitely laugh at me when he reads this=p*. Cliché, naive, stupid...I know how this might sound to most of you. But at least in this situation, God has awakened me from my spiritual catnap (I supposed) that I'm no longer on my road to perdition.
Well, idk if I would do the same thing again in the future, drowning in all my routines until I realize that they're actually not the most important things in my life. But when that comes, I believe He will again do whatever is necessary to draw me back, closer to Him. Isn't that something?!?
Anyway, I really hope that this headache won't ever come back. Once in a lifetime is certainly more than enough in helping me to understand how it feels to be a Mr. XXXXX. prior to exams haha.
My special credit goes to Andri for his free-consultation (yeah dude, it's really gr8 to have a soon-to-be-a-doctor mate) and Johni for his also-free Neuralgin. =)

No comments: