Saturday, August 23, 2008

49 more weeks

It's finally saturday....I'd love to say "yayyyyy" but unfortunately the time now shows 9.40 pm, which means monday is only like what? 26 hours and 20 minutes away? What a real turn off....darn
Anyway....last week was again super hectic, thanks to the canadian guy I had prolly mentioned in my previous post. This reminds me of what I was doing few days ago, something a statistics graduate should never ever do in his entire life, nie im Leben. Some friends of mine asked me, "Oh come on Kell, what are you up to now?"...Well quite frankly speaking, I was up to a very shitty job, and almost down to hell. I had to manually input like thousands of numbers to MS Word, and for those of you who can't seem to relate what manually means, it simply means by hand, no ctrl C ctrl V whatsoever. Luckily enough, I'm way more capable than they think I probably was....yeah I found out a very fast, efficient way of doing it=p
So much about the shitty job. Today I had my Spanish and German classes again, as usual. The Spanish class is getting more and more exciting. We learnt about genealogy and possessive pronouns. Things were completely ok, at least until now; Spanish is more similar to English in terms of the grammar and everything I guess. The German class, on the other hand, went pretty boring. Little did I know that the class'd run constantly in this kinda style-Goethe sucks. I'm afraid that I may end up losing my passion for German after quite a while. So I think a 2 or 3 months break will be a good idea. Yeah, we'll see...
Another highlight of the week is....set theory(?!?!). Yeah, I finally have to admit that in order for me to pursue my PhD in the future (if I will really do it), I definitely need a good background in mathematics, and NUS undergrad education is really a joke when it comes to mathematics background for its statistics students. So I started to learn (or brooding over to be exact) the infamous set theory, starting from nothing. After few days working on it, I finally managed to understand some basic notions like countable-uncountable and finite-infinite sets. There are still definitely many things I need to do for the coming week, so I guess we'll just wrap it up here for now....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahahahaha

starting from null set

Haskell said...

kurakura sape nih?!?