Monday, August 18, 2008

it feels good to be home early

Another boring day in the office has passed, leaving me with 4 more days for this week. Yeah, I'm just 50 weeks away from my ultimate goal ever, or even slightly less than that if I really go to Europe next July.
So today there was a meeting with this Canadian guy who works as a collaborator for whatever research my company might be doing. It felt really good to be in the meeting, not because I understood what they were talking about, but because I had a chance, once in a blue moon, to hear someone talking in real, proper English in the midst of this Singlish-speaking population.
The meeting, however, ended up sucks as I would probably have expected. They had a bunch of ideas of how the huge dataset I've been working on for the past couple months should be utilized even more. So, for the coming few days I'll be busy again doing many analyses (and by "many" I mean "a lot"), which I personally consider a complete nonsense.
Anyway, I purposely decided not to go to the CO5102 lecture today in quest of a better, more proper body-rest. Gosh, it feels really good to be home early today, after taking some time going to Orchard meeting one of my friend to get my Indo movie DVDs (yayyy!! thx to Ato). I actually had this plan to watch Murder of the Inugami Clan tonight as well, since I was already in Orchard, but some Singaporeans out of nowhere just happened to be kiasu enough there was no ticket left for me - not even one.
So here I am right now, blogging with my almost-2-months-old lappie, enjoying the windy night and at the same time trying to gain as much energy as I possibly can to start doing my German homework. The person I'd be very keen on having a chat with has yet to go online, so I guess I'll just wait for her and also for some important replies to the email I sent this afternoon regarding our massive plan on One Month in Europe.
Btw, congratulations to my friend Nancy who has been successful (or lucky=p) enough securing a job at NY stock exchange for herself. Proud of you=)

No comments: